Accidents can happen when you least expect them and result in thousands of dollars in medical bills and property damage. When your injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence, you should not be stuck with the costs. Florida personal injury laws allow accident victims to pursue financial compensation from the liable party.
However, this will be hard to do on your own. Your best chance of obtaining a fair settlement is to partner with a Port St. Lucie personal injury lawyer. Attorney Robert Baker can identify the responsible party, collect evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies. He dedicates himself to obtaining favorable results for all of his clients.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Port St. Lucie
Attorneys with The Baker Legal Team have decades of combined legal experience, making us the top choice for legal representation in South Florida. We represent victims involved in all types of cases, including:
- Car accidents: Florida sees millions of tourists every year, many of whom are not used to driving on our roads. This can cause out-of-state drivers to cut off other cars to get to their exit or make a sudden turn.
- Medical malpractice: When a nurse or doctor makes a misdiagnosis, the results can worsen the patient’s injuries. If a pharmacist gives the wrong medication, it may result in death.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimming is a year-round activity in Florida, but pools can be dangerous. You might slip and fall on the pool deck or dive into too-shallow water. Victims might suffer broken bones or a traumatic brain injury.
- Boating accidents: Many South Florida residents take their boats on the water, but boating can be as dangerous as driving a car. Ships can collide and sink. Victims might drown or suffer water in their lungs.
Every personal injury case is different, but no matter how difficult your case may seem, Attorney Baker will do everything possible to seek justice on your behalf.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Accident?
You’re most likely facing large medical bills after a personal injury accident in Florida. You might even be out of work without pay. When you partner with a lawyer, they thoroughly investigate your claim and the circumstances leading to your accident to determine what kind of damages you can receive compensation for, such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Permanent injuries
- Mental anguish
- Medical equipment
- Property damage
- In-home rehabilitation
- Wrongful death
A judge may even award you punitive damages if they feel that the at-fault party acted in an extremely reckless or negligent manner. Courts also use punitive damages as a way to deter similar behavior in the future.
Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Florida?
Personal injury law is complex and confusing, so you should always partner with an attorney. One missed detail can cost you your entire settlement. A judge may dismiss your case, or an insurance company might deny or reduce your claim. By partnering with the Baker Legal Team, you can be confident that we will leave no stone unturned.
Our goal is to provide you with unmatched legal services during this challenging time. When you turn to Attorney Robert Baker, he will simplify the legal process as much as possible for you to understand your rights. You can also expect our attorneys to:
- Launch a thorough investigation to pinpoint the at-fault party
- Provide constant updates on your case
- Act as the primary point of contact
- Manage all bills and paperwork
- Perform daily responsibilities
- Handle negotiations with the insurance company
- Prepare and take your case to trial, if necessary
In general, you can be confident that we will efficiently handle your case, keeping you informed and up to date throughout the entire claims process.
What Should I Do after an Accident?
The hours and days following a personal injury accident can be disorienting and overwhelming. What you do and don’t do can affect your case. First and foremost, you should go to the doctor. Even if you feel physically fine or show no signs of injury, you might be suffering from internal damages only a doctor can diagnose. Going to the doctor will also prove the severity of your injuries to an insurance company. Make sure you save all the bills so you can reclaim the full amount.
You’ll also want to gather as much evidence at the accident scene as possible. The best way to do this is by taking photos. If you were in a car accident, take pictures of both vehicles and how they’re positioned. This might help prove who was responsible for the accident. It’s also a good idea to call local law enforcement. Police will file a report, which your attorney may use as evidence. Also, check to see if they were any witnesses. They may have seen the other driver on their phone or otherwise distracted. Before they leave the scene, make sure you write down their name and contact information.
Discover Legal Representation from Baker Legal Team
If you’re suffering from injuries because of another person, reach out to Baker Legal Team. While we can’t guarantee your life will go back to normal, we will do everything possible to get you close.
Remember, you only have four years from the accident date to file a personal injury claim in Florida. The sooner you contact us, the better the prospects may be for your case. Call (561) 320-0000 or complete our contact form.