Your life can quickly turn upside down when an accident happens. Injuries and financial distress can lead to hardships in your personal and professional life. When your injuries result from someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences. Florida’s personal injury laws allow you to pursue financial compensation for your accident expenses. This will be hard to do on your own, but a Miami Beach personal injury lawyer can help you better understand the law and your rights.
Attorney Robert Baker of Baker Legal Time has more than 30 years of personal injury law experience, making him a top choice for personal injury counsel in South Florida. He and his team dedicate themselves to providing superb representation to injured clients in Miami Beach.
Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Miami Beach
Many accident victims think they can handle a personal injury case by themselves, yet they fail to understand the complexity of Florida’s personal injury laws. One missed detail or misinterpretation can cost you your entire settlement. When you partner with Baker Legal Team, we’ll thoroughly investigate your case and go over every aspect of the process together, so you can decide on how to proceed.
Recovery Should Be Your Top Priority
After an accident, you should focus on your recovery. You only have four years to file a personal injury claim in Florida. This may sound like a lot of time, but it’s time-consuming to conduct an investigation, collect evidence, and file court motions. When you spend time focusing on your case, you’re putting off medical treatment, which could save your life. When you partner with an attorney, they’ll take the stress of a personal injury claim off of your hands so you can focus on recovery.
Attorneys Can Negotiate with Insurance Companies
The attorneys at Baker Legal Team will help you get the financial compensation you need. Insurance companies will do everything they can to either deny or reduce your claim. This may include blaming you for the accident. An experienced personal injury attorney will discover evidence proving the other party is responsible and will negotiate for you to obtain a fair settlement.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Miami Beach
No matter how tough your case may seem, you can count on Attorney Baker and his team to fight for you. With decades of combined experience, our attorneys have the skills and experience needed to handle a variety of personal injury cases, including:
- Boating accidents: Boating is a common activity for many Florida residents and tourists, but it can quickly become dangerous. Boats can capsize or collide with another ship. This can cause victims to suffer from whiplash or water in their lungs.
- Car accidents: We represent victims of all types of automobile accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle crashes. We can also represent bicyclists or pedestrians who have injuries resulting from a car crash.
- Medical malpractice: When a doctor or nurse makes an error, it could cost the patient their life. More than 200,000 deaths occur every year because of medical malpractice.
- Premises liability: Property owners, whether it’s your neighbor or the city of Miami Beach, have a reasonable duty of care to protect their guests from unsafe conditions. They must take every precaution to repair any hazards as soon as possible. If they have to wait for parts or a professional to come, property owners must notify all guests.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimming is fun for all ages, but it can be dangerous. You might slip and fall on the pool deck or dive into too shallow water. Injuries can range from mild bruising to brain damage.
After an accident, we always recommend seeking medical attention. Even if you feel fine, you might have internal injuries only a doctor can diagnose.
What Type of Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries?
All personal injury cases are different, so the compensation you may be eligible for depends on the circumstances surrounding the accident. After carefully reviewing your case, your Miami Beach personal injury attorney may be able to recover the following losses:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- In-home rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Medical equipment
- Wrongful death
- Funeral expenses
In some rare cases, a judge may award you punitive damages. Courts use this to punish those who acted in a manner that was extremely reckless or negligent. Punitive damages might also deter similar behavior in the future.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Miami Beach Today
If you or a loved one is suffering from injuries because of someone else’s negligence, reach out to Baker Legal Team. Led by board-certified Attorney Robert Baker, we take great pride in always being accessible and frequently communicating with our clients. Our attorneys have a proven track record of obtaining favorable results for our clients and will work tirelessly to get a fair settlement for you.
The sooner you contact us, the more help we can be. Call (561) 320-0000 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation.