Soft Tissue Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
Suffering a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence is never an easy thing to endure, especially when it leaves lingering pain and medical bills. Insurance adjusters often try to downplay the debilitating effects that soft tissue injuries can sometimes cause. A Boca Raton soft tissue injury lawyer like those with the Baker Legal Team may be able to help you pursue the financial restitution you deserve.
What Types of Accidents Cause Soft Tissue Injuries?
Many different types of accidents can result in painful soft tissue injuries. Just some examples include car accidents, truck crashes, motorcycle collisions, boating accidents, slip and falls, and other premises liability claims. While many of these soft tissue injuries do eventually heal, they can also cause tremendous pain and lead to significant loss in range of motion.
These types of injuries can also lead to mounting medical debt for victims injured through no fault of their own. If an accident victim must take time off work, they could also suffer lost wages that only add to their financial hardship. Those stressors added to the physical pain and emotional suffering can often leave an individual scared and uncertain how to proceed. This can be especially true in cases where insurance companies try to give them the run-around.
How Do I Know I’ve Suffered a Soft Tissue Injury?
In addition to often causing significant pain and loss in range of motion, soft tissue injuries can also require physical therapy and/or surgical interventions. Some examples of common soft tissue injuries include:
- Bruises - Also known as contusions, these usually result from significant blows to a ligament, muscle, or tendon.
- Bursitis - An irritation that results in painful inflammation and swelling in the bursa, fluid sacs that cushion muscles and tendons from bones where joints form.
- Hernia - An injury involving a displaced organ extending through the cavity wall that typically contains it.
- Sprain - An injury where ligaments are stretched too far, resulting in pain, slow healing, and physical limitations.
- Strain - An injury affecting a stretched or torn muscle or tendon.
- Stress injury - An injury wherein small breaks in the bone weaken it; typically caused by ongoing overuse such as ongoing overuse from physical labor or construction work.
- Tendonitis - Inflammation in a tendon or its covering that often results from repetitive strain on a particular body part such as seen in construction, factory, and office jobs.
- Whiplash - An injury to the neck caused when it is forcibly bent back and forth or vice versa, typically involving the discs, muscles, nerves, and tendons of the neck.
It’s important to note that symptoms from soft tissue injuries may not appear immediately following an accident. Some may occur right away, but others gradually emerge over the next few days. Personal injury victims should seek medical care as soon as they feel symptoms, even if they didn’t take an ambulance from the scene of the accident. Be sure to follow the orders of your medical care providers.
Contact the Personal Injury Attorneys with the Baker Legal Team
If you’ve suffered an accident caused by another party’s negligence, the experienced Boca Raton personal injury attorneys with the Baker Legal Team can help as you seek financial relief from the negligent party and their insurance company. We’re happy to offer a free consultation to help you learn more about your legal rights. Call us at (561) 320-0000 or contact us online to schedule a meeting at your earliest convenience.