When someone else’s negligence causes you to suffer injuries, Florida’s personal injury laws allow you to pursue financial compensation for your medical bills, property damage, and other accident-related expenses. This may be hard to do on your own, but a North Miami personal injury attorney can help you understand the law and your best options for pursuing a claim.
Attorney Robert Baker of the Baker Legal Team can identify the at-fault party, collect evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies. With more than 30 years of legal experience, Attorney Baker’s case results and testimonials speak for themselves, so you can be confident he will do everything possible to obtain you a fair settlement.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in North Miami, Florida
The hours and days following an accident can be disorienting, but the steps you take immediately after are vital to your case. We always recommend seeking medical attention right away. Not all injuries show immediate symptoms, and a doctor can diagnose potential internal injuries.
After you consult with a medical professional, you should seek legal representation. The Baker Legal Team attorneys have the experience and skill necessary to handle a wide array of Florida personal injury cases. Some of the cases we handle include:
- Boating accidents: There are countless boating opportunities in Florida, but boating is a dangerous activity. Victims can suffer water in their lungs or drown.
- Car accidents: We represent victims in all types of automobile accidents, including trucks, motorcycles, and cars. We can also represent bicyclists and pedestrians who were injured in auto accidents.
- Medical malpractice: Hundreds of thousands of people die every year because of medical errors. A misdiagnosis or surgery error can have deadly consequences.
- Slip and fall accidents: The injuries from a slip and fall accident can be mild or severe. In some cases, it can lead to death.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimming is fun for all ages, but pools are incredibly dangerous. Victims can fall on the pavement, causing bruises or even broken bones. Swimmers may also dive into too shallow water and injure their head.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): We’ve worked with hundreds of people who suffer from head injuries due to another’s negligence. No matter how you suffered a TBI, it’s important to seek compensation for your losses.
Every personal injury case is different, but no matter how difficult your case may seem, Attorney Robert Baker will do everything possible to seek justice on your behalf.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Accident?
Chances are you’re facing large bills after an accident; depending on your injuries, you might even be out of work without pay. You shouldn’t have to pay these costs out-of-pocket when someone else is to blame for your injuries. By partnering with a personal injury lawyer, they can review your case and help determine what kind of compensation you may be able to receive. Some forms of compensation our attorneys can fight for include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Physical therapy
- In-home rehabilitation
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
- Permanent injuries
- Medical equipment
In some extreme cases, a judge may even award you punitive damages. These damages aren’t to cover anything in particular but are to discourage similar behavior in the future.
Should I Hire a Florida Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal injury law is complex and confusing, which is why you should partner with an attorney. One missed detail can result in a judge dismissing your case, meaning you lose out on any financial compensation. When you partner with the Baker Legal Team, we will make sure that no stone is left unturned.
Our goal is to provide unmatched legal representation for all our clients during some of the most challenging times in their lives. When you turn to Attorney Baker and his team for guidance, you can be assured they will simplify the legal process as much as possible for you to understand your rights. Our attorneys want you to win your case, so you can expect us to:
- Launch a thorough investigation into the accident and circumstances leading up to it
- Update you on your case regularly
- Handle all negotiations with insurance companies
- Act as the primary point of contact
- Manage all paperwork and bills
- Perform all daily responsibilities
- Prepare and take your case to court, if necessary
When you partner with our competent legal professionals, you can be confident that we will efficiently handle your case, keeping you informed throughout the entire claims process.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in North Miami, Florida
If you or a loved one is suffering injuries resulting from someone else’s negligence, you should seek legal representation. The Baker Legal Team is the number one source of legal assistance in South Florida.
You only have four years to file a personal injury claim in Florida, so the sooner you contact us, the better your prospects may be for your case. Call (561) 320-0000 or complete a contact form today.