Personal injuries can happen in a split second yet leave devastating consequences for victims. We all hope never to have to deal with this type of pain, but you need to know what to do should you ever fall victim to a personal injury.
When you sustain injuries because of someone else’s negligence, there’s no quick way to fix your pain. However, there are steps you should take to protect yourself and your legal rights. One of the first things you should do following an accident is to hire a Hallandale Beach personal injury lawyer. Attorney Robert Baker of the Baker Legal Team has more than 30 years of experience representing personal injury victims and will do everything possible for you to achieve a fair settlement.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Hallandale Beach
As a board-certified trial attorney, Robert Baker has the experience needed to handle a variety of personal injury cases in Florida, including:
- Slip and fall: The results of a slip and fall accident can be mild or severe, leading to injuries such as broken bones or sprains. In some cases, consequences could be more severe, including death.
- Medical malpractice: Hundreds of thousands of deaths occur every year because of medical errors. A misdiagnosis or surgical error can cause long-lasting effects on the patient.
- Car accidents: We represent victims of all motor accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle. We also represent bicyclists and pedestrians who were injured in auto accidents.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): We work with clients who suffered a TBI due to another person’s negligence. Whether you sustained one from a car accident, slip and fall accident, or another type of accident, it’s important to seek compensation.
- Swimming pool accidents: Pools are on many prospective homeowners’ wish lists, but they pose a threat to everyone. Falling on pool decks or diving into shallow water can result in broken bones.
No matter how challenging your case may seem, we will do everything possible to ensure the responsible party is held accountable.
What Type of Compensation Could I Receive for a Personal Injury Claim?
After an accident, you’re most likely facing extensive medical bills, and it’s normal to worry how you’ll cover all the costs. After reviewing your case, determining the extent of your injuries, and gathering evidence, Attorney Baker may be able to secure compensation for the following losses:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future loss of income
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disabilities
- Property damage
- Funeral costs
In rare cases, a judge may also award you punitive damages. Accident victims receive these damages when the defendant acted with extreme negligence toward someone else or with the intent to harm.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Many people think they can handle a personal injury claim by themselves, but personal injury law is challenging for those not well versed in it. One missed detail can cost you your entire settlement. The Baker Legal Team attorneys will ensure that no stone is left unturned when it comes to your case.
Accident victims also tend to put their trust in insurance companies. This is never a good idea, as insurers look to maximize their profits and employ sneaky tactics to get you to accept an offer lower than what you need. Our attorneys are aggressive when it comes to settlement negotiations and will not stop until you receive a fair amount. If we cannot reach one, we will discuss taking the case to trial with you.
When you partner with us, you can expect us to:
- Answer all of your legal questions
- Update you frequently regarding the status of your claim
- Investigate your accident
- Handle all negotiations
- Act as the primary point of contact and speak on your behalf
- Manage paperwork
- Perform all daily responsibilities related to your claim
After an accident, you should focus on your recovery. Putting it off while seeking financial compensation may only complicate or worsen your injuries. Your condition may even be more severe than you thought because of a delayed onset that causes you to miss your window to file a personal injury claim.
You have four years after the accident to file a personal injury claim in Florida. This may sound like a lot of time, but with doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, and surgeries, time will go quickly. It also takes a lot of time to gather evidence that someone else caused your injuries, so don’t delay in contacting a personal injury attorney.
Seasoned Personal Injury Attorneys in Hallandale Beach, Florida
When you partner with the Baker Legal Team, you will receive personalized attention from one of our knowledgeable attorneys throughout your entire case. Led by Attorney Robert Baker, we are strong advocates for our clients and will work aggressively to pursue every claim entrusted to us. Our Florida law firm has a proven track record of securing significant settlements for our clients.
The sooner you contact us, the more help we can be to your claim. Call (561) 320-0000 or complete a contact form to schedule a free consultation.