Dania Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
An accident can occur when least expected, leaving victims with injuries that may derail their daily lives. While the victim of injury should be able to focus on healing, they may also face financial damages. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident that has left you injured, you deserve to be compensated for the damages you may have suffered. The personal injury claims process may be confusing but partnering with an experienced team of Dania Beach personal injury attorneys can help you build a strong claim.
Baker Legal Team is an award-winning personal injury law firm helping victims for over 30 years. We are proud to be led by our founder, Robert Baker, part of the less than 1% of Board-Certified Florida lawyers. Our dependable legal team offers each client dedicated representation and extensive knowledge of Florida’s complex personal injury laws. We may be able to help you heal financially from the damages you suffered as a result of your injuries.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury in Florida?
A statute of limitations is a time limit established by a state’s government, allowing only a certain amount of time for a victim to file a claim. It is crucial to make sure that a claim is filed while the evidence is still fresh. In Florida, there are different statutes of limitations for different types of personal injury claims:
- Car Accidents: Four years after the date of the accident, with an extra year added if the other driver does not have insurance
- Truck Accidents: Four years after the date of the accident, with an additional two years if the accident resulted in wrongful death
- Motorcycle Accidents: Four years after the accident, with an additional year if the other driver is uninsured
- Medical Malpractice: Two years from the date of discovery and no more than four years from when the injury occurred
- Spinal Injuries: Four years from the date of the injury
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Four years after the injury
- Wrongful Death: Two years from the date of death
Since the statute of limitations varies depending on the type of personal injury claim a victim has filed, it may be confusing to understand how much time you have to file your injury claim. To be safe, it is best to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer following your accident as soon as you can.
What Are Common Dania Beach Personal Injuries?
An injury may occur to anyone at any time. From minor injuries to more severe ones, suffering from an injury may cause victims to suffer long after the day of the accident. People may become injured in many different ways, but some of the most common personal injuries include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
Regardless of the severity of your injury, you deserve to be compensated for damages you may have suffered. Our seasoned Dania Beach personal injury attorneys may be able to help you build a solid claim as you aim to get the best possible compensation for your injury.
Damages You May Be Compensated for after an Injury
After an accident occurs, the injured victims may be left with a significant financial burden as they begin their road to recovery. Some damages you may be able to collect compensation for include:
- Medical Costs: After suffering an injury, you may require medical attention to heal. Medical costs may include hospital visits, surgeries, or medications that can become very expensive.
- Property Damage: If you have been involved in an accident where your property has been damaged, like a car or motorcycle, repair or replacement may be costly.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim may suffer from ongoing or chronic physical and mental pain following an accident long after it has occurred.
- Lost Wages: After being injured, it may be difficult or impossible for a victim to work, causing them to lose out on wages.
- Lost Earning Potential: After an injury, a victim may be left with a temporary or permanent disability that may hinder their earning potential in their career.
To help you understand what damages you may be eligible for, our Dania Beach personal injury lawyers are equipped with the knowledge to help go over the details of your case to understand better what damages you may have suffered.
Dania Beach Personal Injury Attorneys Are Here to Help
Being involved in an accident that leaves you or a loved one injured can be devastating. As you recover from your physical injuries, our personal injury attorneys in Dania Beach may be able to help you recover financially by building you a strong injury claim.
Robert Baker of Baker Legal Team is a Board-Certified personal injury attorney serving Dania Beach, Florida. With over 30 years of experience, our team of personal injury lawyers offers the dedicated representation needed to go up against aggressive insurance companies. For a free case evaluation, contact us here or call (561) 320-0000.