Accidents tend to occur when we least expect them to. Even the most careful people may find themselves injured after an accident occurs. The reality is that while we may control our actions, it is impossible to control the negligent acts of others that result in personal injury. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a personal injury accident, you may have suffered a significant change to your quality of life as a result. Many accident victims choose to file a personal injury claim, and to build a strong claim, you may want to consider partnering with a Cutler Bay, Florida personal injury lawyer.
Baker Legal Team has been helping victims of personal injury for over 30 years. Our experienced attorneys are proud to provide our Cutler Bay, Florida clients with the award-winning legal services needed to build a strong injury claim. We know how difficult an injury can be on the victim and their loved ones, which is why we provide each client with personalized, honest, and trusting care as we go over every detail of their case with them.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law, sometimes referred to as tort law, allows individuals to file a personal injury claim to pursue damages for any losses stemming from the accident. Some examples of when personal injury law may apply are:
- Accidents: There are six million car accidents reported in the United States each year. Additionally, slip and fall accidents and medical malpractice are other examples of what may fall into this category of personal injury.
- Intentional Acts: When another person intentionally harms another, including a case of assault or battery, the victim may pursue a personal injury result for the losses they may have suffered.
- Defective Products: We put a lot of trust in the products we purchase, but people may get injured when a malfunction occurs.
If you are not sure whether your accident would fall under the category of personal injury law, our knowledgeable attorneys may be able to help you.
Does Personal Injury Law Only Cover Physical Injuries?
Contrary to what many people assume, a personal injury does not only pertain to physical injuries. An injury may be psychological, mental, or emotional and still have personal injury law apply. Victims of accidents often suffer from the following mental injuries:
Just because you may not be able to see a mental injury does not discount that it can damage a victim's life.
What Are Common Personal Injuries?
Whether you were involved in an accident at work or suffered from a medical malpractice incident, it can poorly affect their quality of life when an accident leaves a victim injured. Common personal injuries include:
- Head injuries
- Back, neck, or spine injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts or lacerations
- Loss of hearing or vision
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
Regardless of how severe your injuries may be, you deserve to receive compensation for the losses you have suffered from an accident.
What Damages Can You Pursue After a Cutler Bay Accident?
Damages are the financial compensation that a victim may pursue after an accident occurs. Some examples of damages you may be eligible for are:
- Medical Expenses: After an injury, you should seek medical attention. While medical attention may be necessary, the cost of surgeries or doctor visits can become expensive for a victim trying to pay out of pocket.
- Property Damage: In certain accidents, like motor vehicle accidents, a person's property may be damaged as a result. When this occurs, the cost to fix the property may be costly.
- Pain and Suffering: After an injury, if a victim suffers from any pain or suffering, they may receive compensation for the losses they have suffered as a result.
- Lost Wages: When someone suffers an injury due to negligent acts of someone else, they may be unable to work as they heal.
- Lost Earning Potential: Sometimes, an injury may leave a victim with long-term injuries, chronic pain, or disabilities. This may hinder them in their advancement abilities in their line of work.
Our Cutler Bay personal injury attorneys may be able to help you understand what damages you may be eligible for.
Cutler Bay Personal Injury Lawyers Are Here to Help
A personal injury may take a toll on a victim's life as they are left recovering from their injuries and suffering financially. If you or a loved one has been injured due to another person's negligent acts, consider partnering with a Cutler Bay personal injury lawyer.
Baker Legal Team is proud to be led by board-certified Florida attorney Robert Baker. Attorney Baker is dedicated to providing his clients with dedicated and trusted representation as he helps them build a solid personal injury claim. For a free case evaluation, contact us here or call (561) 320-0000.