Even the safest people may fall victim to an accident. With accidents occurring when we least expect them to, there is no way to avoid every possible accident that may occur daily. Additionally, accidents may leave the victims involved with injuries that may be damaging to their daily lives. Each year, there are over three million injuries reported in the United States. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Vero Beach, Florida personal injury accident, you may be entitled to compensation for any losses you have suffered as a result. No matter how minor or severe your injuries are, our experienced personal injury lawyers in Vero Beach may be able to help you build a strong claim.
Baker Legal Team is an award-winning Florida personal injury law firm. With over 30 years of experience helping victims of personal injury accidents, our seasoned legal team has the knowledge to provide you with top-of-the-line legal counsel. Founder Robert Baker is one of the mere one percent of Florida lawyers who are board-certified. Attorney Baker is proud to provide his clients with the attentive service and dedicated representation they deserve.
What is Florida’s Personal Injury Law?
In Florida, any injury resulting from another person’s negligent acts may fall under personal injury law. Personal injury law allows accident victims to recover compensation, known as damages, after suffering losses due to the other party’s negligence. Florida personal injury claims fall under the rule of Florida Statutes Title XLV and Florida Statutes Chapter 768. These laws help determine the following:
- Who was negligent
- Who had a duty of care
- What are the statutes of limitations
- Who was liable
- What were the damages
- How much compensation may be recovered by the victim
Understanding Florida’s complex personal injury law may be confusing, but our knowledgeable legal team may be able to help guide you through the personal injury claims process.
Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Vero Beach
Any accident that involves a person sustaining injuries due to another’s negligence may be considered a personal injury accident. However, the following accidents are common examples of Vero Beach personal injury accidents:
- Motor vehicle accidents: an accident in a motor vehicle is one of the most common personal injury accidents. Often a result of another driver being under the influence, texting while driving, or driving aggressively, motor vehicle accidents may leave victims with severe injuries.
- Medical malpractice: This may occur when a medical professional is negligent towards a patient, resulting in severe injury or death.
- Workplace accidents: Employees should feel safe when they go to work each day, but that may not always be the case. When a workplace accident leaves an employee injured, they may seek damages for their losses.
- Slip, trip, or fall accidents: Whether due to a slippery floor or cracked or damaged flooring, these accidents are a common cause of personal injury.
- Premises liability: Property owners have a legal responsibility to provide a reasonably safe environment for visitors or guests. When they fail to do so, their negligence may result in an injury.
- Product liability: Consumers put a lot of trust into the products they purchase. However, when a product malfunctions, causing an injury, the manufacturer may be held liable.
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident, you may be entitled to damages for the losses you may have suffered as a result.
Common Types of Personal Injuries
A personal injury does not need to be severe or life-threatening for a victim to file a personal injury claim. Common personal injuries range from minor to severe:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Cuts, bruises, or lacerations
- Broken or fractured bones
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Internal bleeding
- Back, neck, or spine injuries
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, partnering with our experienced personal injury lawyers may help you build a solid personal injury claim.
Damages You May Be Eligible for After a Personal Injury Accident
Damages may help victims get their lives back on track as they recover from their injuries. Some damages you may be eligible for are:
- Medical expenses
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
Our seasoned legal team may be able to help you understand what damages you may be eligible for based on the detail of your personal injury claim.
Partner With a Vero Beach Personal Injury Law Firm
Suffering a personal injury may involve a long road to recovery. As you recover from your injury, partner with our seasoned legal team to help you recover compensation for the losses you may have suffered due to another person’s negligence.
Baker Legal Team is a Florida personal injury law firm with experience helping victims in Vero Beach. Our award-winning team is proud to provide our clients with the award-winning and dedicated representation they deserve. For over 30 years, board-certified Attorney Baker has helped his clients build solid personal injury claims. For a free case evaluation, contact us here or call (561) 320-0000.